Repetier firmware to allow modifications of parameters without re-compilation
The Repetier firmware has a lot of advantages compared to the Marlin firmware, that is provided by Geeetech:
- You may use the online configuration tool to configure your printer
- Easy update to new firmware versions without the hassle of adapting configuration files.
- Configuration files can be easily shared, because a Json file containing the settings may be up and downloaded from the online configurator.
- Important parameters are stored in eeprom – so no recompiling is required every time you cange one of them.
- smooter prints of better quality.
The online configuration tool may be found here:
Based on the settings from WBRUCEM: (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1301129) I modified this to make it work with my printer
- PWM fan used to cool the printed object – needs rewiring of the fan cabling – see: Extruder Fan
- Autoleveling activated and configured
- Autoleveling area reduced to 3 x 3 steps with only two repeats each.
- Autoleveling positions swapped to prevent of mechanical crash after levelling when homing.
- Preparation for printing ABS with temperatures up to 260 °
- Enabling of EEPROM use – Note: !! You need to send a M502 command once after software Upload to make Autoleveling work !!
- Reduced the number of subsegments to get enough ram for runnig autolevelling.
Here the JSON file with the settings as described above: