- Download the g-zipped tar archive: cd2browse_105.tgz
- Make sure Perl, ImageMagick and Perl Magick is installed
- Make sure xpdf is installed – this is the case on most linux dist.
- If you want to index MS Office files, make sure catdoc is installed – if not, download and install from: http://www.wagner.pp.ru/~vitus/software/catdoc/ and compile it according to the package information
- Install the necessary perl modules. Depending on the distribution, your Perl packages may be installed using your pagage manager. For OpenSuse for example the Packages are on the Installation DVD and can be installed using “yast”. If your distribution does not contain various perl modules, you can download them from cpan.
In this case Type:
when you do this for the first time, you need to answer some questions – in most cases, the default settings should be sufficient.
When cpan shows its prompt, type:
cpan> install CGI::FastTemlate <——- The Module will be searched on the internet and installed
cpan> install File::Mirror <——- same
cpan> install Module::Load::Conditional <——- same
cpan> install HTML::Strip <——- same
cpan> install Tk <——- same
cpan> install MP3::Info <——- same
- Unpack the gnu zipped tar archive to the root (/) directory.
- Install the file index.pl, CD2Browse.pl and CD2browse.hlp somewhere in your file tree. By default it goes to /var/opt/cd2browse – you may copy the perl scripts to /usr/local/bin
Alternatively you can instruct your shell to search for executables also in /var/opt/cd2browse by adding this path in the “path” variable of your shell.
- Install the skeleton and template files to /var/opt/cd2browse – this is the default path – to change the default path, change the variable section of index.pl or create a Environment Variable named “C2BPATH” containing the path to the templates.
With perl <path to index.pl>/CD2Browse.pl you start the GUI (if the PATH has not been set it may help to first change the directory to /var/opt/cd2browse
To test, type: perl <path to index.pl>/index.pl
If you see the following message, you have successfully installed cd2browse:
usage: perl index.pl -p <path to index> [-n -m -t -s -i -x -r -q -v]
-i do not index images(all over the file tree)
-m maxwidh of the preview image (default=800)
-n (re) calculate no images to save cpu time
-q be quiet – do not output progress information
-r do not use offline sort – needs a different template page.tpl
-s size of the thumbnails (default=90×90)
-v do not create folder navigation in the page section
-x do not extact title from pdf file (all over the file tree)